In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, May 17, 2021

"I Think You're Trying To Be Jesus Christ"

This quote is from my wife Anne, who is trying to make sense of my opening my heart to so many people.  I’m “delusional” she says, to make the effort I do, which she feels will be wasted.

Each day, my heart grows larger and I welcome more people into it. I express my love often and with heartfelt sincerity to others, for unconditional love is the most valuable thing any of us has to offer. And my love is always unconditional.

Those near me will regularly hear or read the words, "I love you," for those words are the most powerful words in any language. 

If someone takes advantage of my vulnerability for loving them, and hurts me, it's a price I'm willing to pay because the rewards of loving and being loved by others are so valuable.

Wherever I go, I greet people warmly. And occasionally, when someone asks, "Do I know you," I reply, "Until now we have never met, but I'm not going to be this close to you and ignore your existence. You deserve a nice greeting." This seems to touch the hearts of all those who hear those words.

One of the most important things I do is on school mornings with an elementary school just a block away, is to greet people. It's fun to greet children and their parents but I greet everyone with a huge smile and a welcoming wave. I also speak with some of them, when conditions allow.

In my correspondence, I sign, "With Love To All" and I sincerely mean those words. To love is also to forgive, hard as it may be, because one cannot exist without the other. 

I believe what this world so desperately needs more than anything else is love and I intend to share it as often as possible. To those who criticize me, ask yourself, what you are doing to make this a more loving world?

I say this not to attack you, but to encourage you to ask yourself that question, and maybe you will find a wonderful way to uplift the world to recommend to the rest of us.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: