In this Journal, I will attempt to strip away my protective veneer to view and communicate honestly what the truth is as I perceive it. My intent is to grow, for without an honest evaluation of the truth, how else can one fully absorb life's more difficult lessons and benefit by them. If I do this in secret, then I am still hiding behind a protective veneer, so it is being published online. If you find this Journal, you are welcome to read it and hopefully grow from it as well.



Monday, March 7, 2022

She Touched My Heart

She touched my heart, her beauty profound, and as she spoke I heard each sound. 

And when she smiled, my heart she beguiled.

For no other woman has such a glorious glow, like so many stars lined in a row.

I told her I loved her and cried out, "marry me." But she replied, "That can never be."

"For if I give you my heart, you will act coyly smart, and heart broken I will be."

"No my love, I promise you, you give me your heart and I will be true." 

But when no words were spoken my heart was broken.

Then suddenly with a sigh, she looked me in the eye and said, "I will give your love a try."

"But just once be untrue and I will say to you, never more shall be, my love for thee."

And to this day I have been true. 

For I shall never give her a reason to change her mind, nor could my heart ever leave her behind.

With Love To All - Dick

No comments: